Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MY MOTHER










“Good Morning”-We stood up,
The teacher announced, with pride,
“You need not pay for the stamp”,
A show of golden smile we did.

All my friends were waiting….
They ran to the shop nearby,
At the very next bell, when rang.
The bronze coin in my hand was dry.

And was hot but still waiting,
I pushed it into my deep pocket,
To my hut, my feet were walking,
Like a rifle-fired bullet.

“I kept it in your purse……”
I told my mom with the story,
“Have it! You may need it again”,
“No worry, I have pocket-money”

“Where is that…..-the new coin?”
Holding my hair, she made the enquiry,
Tear drops started to roll down-a Nine,
I answered, rather – ‘I…. did…. try’.

“Oh! Mom I tell you the fact,
Do believe, I lost it on the way”.
Then I tried to make my head erect,
“I did hide the fact-shyly”.

“I tell you”- She believed,
She took a breath and continued,
I tell you this with a great pride,
It was costly pearls she poured.

“Oh! My dear and dear child,
It’s a lesson to live in this world,
Never and never try to lie,
Nor even when- ‘you are going to die’.

With which you can’t overcome,
The miseries in life, when comes.
Don’t ‘try’ to tell a truth,
But do tell the truth and only truth.

It’s a gold which really worth,
Keep this word till your last breath”.
Once again, my hair-she did hold.
Now she kissed, wished and blessed.

Into my pocket she dropped a silver coin,
I thought-’I may lose it again’,
Only her wishes I wanted as a gain,
This relieves me from every pain!

This is as a tribute for all those great mothers and children who love and being loved…..
And to those who deserve such a love and shower such a sacred love…..
To that soul which trusts her child, even at every doubt….
To that mother who blindly TRUST her TRUST……


No comments: